This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wishes to be actively engaged in this exceptional online community. We are seeing volunteers to help provide a welcoming and safe environment on Facebook, in a social network group for patients and families living with primary immunodeficiencies.
Unlimited Positions available!
Where the opportunity will occur
Where the Opportunity will occur
- Serve as a facilitator for discussions on relevant forum topics;
- Approve all users who fit the group criteria;
- Keep an eye out for irrelevant/bad medical advice/information;
- Watch for advertising, SPAM or promotion of products;
- Look for derogatory postings;
- Maintain regular contact with Supervisor and regular submission of activity logs.
- Ensure the forum is used appropriately;
- Assisting users having difficulty using the forum;
- Must be able to commit to regularly logging in at least twice a week to approve users, and welcome new users
- Should expect to spend approximately 5-8 hours per month working in this role
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum six-month term of Facebook moderation
The ideal volunteer for this position:
- is an active member of Facebook.
- has previous experience with facilitation, including but not limited to: selecting relevant discussion topics, enforcing the rules of discussion etiquette, and the ability to follow-up with participants, as needed.
- has received a high school diploma or equivalent. has basic familiarity with computers.
- has knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- is willing to commit to a minimum of six (6) months as an IDF Facebook Group Moderator.
To get started, you must: consent to a background check; interview with the Manager of Volunteer Development and complete the necessary trainings.