Prior to applying, you must first speak with an IDF Walk for PI staff member at email@example.com or 800-296-4433.
Assist the IDF staff and other members of the local planning team with the planning and coordination of the IDF Walk for Primary Immunodeficiency. Ensure the event meets required recruitment and fundraising goals.
Minimum age: 18
Unlimited Positions available!
Where the opportunity will occur
Where the Opportunity will occur
may include but is not limited to assisting IDF staff by:
- Overseeing logistical tasks including arranging entertainment, food vendors, etc.:
- Supporting other volunteers who serve on the walk planning team
- Creating or joining a walk team. Support team members in securing past team participation and new team recruitment
- With IDF staff, coordinate media connections that the planning team may have and offer suggestions on who should be interviewed
- Be available for post walk discussion with IDF staff and make recommendations on future events
- Take the lead in Walk Team Formation and work with Walk Team Captains to coach them on recruiting additional team members and setting and reaching a fundraising goal
- Monthly progress report call with IDF staff contact person
- Lead planning team conference calls (as needed)
- Regular communication with planning team members for status updates, and report back to IDF staff on progress
- Volunteer approximately 2-4 hours per week for the duration of the Walk preparation
- Attend pre-events and day-of activities
- This position is a one year term, and must apply annually
The ideal volunteer for this position:
- a passion to grow the Walk for PI in your city;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- the ability to build appropriate rapport within the PI community and the general public;
- the ability to be flexible and creative;
- the ability to meet deadlines and exceed goals;
- Friendly, comfortable to talking to both small and large groups
- Volunteers must be willing to consent to a background check; and complete the necessary trainings.
- Volunteers must be at least 18-years-old with a high school diploma.