Getting help from someone who has been in your shoes can make a huge difference in living with PI. We are seeking volunteers who can provide a listening ear both online and one-on-one for individuals living with PI and their family members, to demonstrate that they are not alone.
Minimum age: 21
Unlimited Positions available!
Where the opportunity will occur
Where the Opportunity will occur
- Represent IDF when providing support to others.
- Maintain the confidentiality of individuals receiving support.
- Make people feel at ease.
- Schedule periodic check-in emails or calls.
- Regularly communicate with IDF staff and report group activity.
The ideal volunteer for this position:
- is someone who is diagnosed with PI or an immediate family member of someone with PI and is at least two years post-diagnosis and
- has strong communication and listening skills is emotionally well-adjusted and compassionate toward others.
To get started, you must: consent to a background check; and complete the necessary trainings.